Monday, December 27, 2010

Ho! Ho! Ho!



I would like to take one of my posts to deviate from my normal "recipes-only" style and talk about my outside-of-the-kitchen life.

Brad and I  became involved in the local Humane Society over the summer and have been enjoying every minute we've been able to volunteer. A few weekends ago we had an opportunity to help with a Santa picture event at Petsmart (you know, like parents who take their kids to the mall only it was dogs). 

Brad is an incredibly talented photographer (he takes all of the wonderful pictures for my blog) and volunteered to take pictures at the Petsmart event. I came along to be involved anyway I could. I figured that would entail helping owners position their pets, squeaking a toy above my head, or printing the pictures and sticking them in frames. However, when we arrived they were in desperate need of a Santa. I couldn't help but eagerly volunteer. How often do you get to dress up like Santa and hold adorable puppies all day long?! It was an incredibly fun day with a lot of laughing and holiday spirit. This is my absolute favorite shot of the day...check out the tongue on the dog on the left.

Merry (belated) Christmas to everyone!
Related Posts with Thumbnails