Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Easy Chai Tea Latte & an Award


 The other day I got a most exciting package; a huge envelope full of coupons for local businesses, of which I saved about half. One of the lucky ones was for a free hot beverage from a drive through coffee place near my apartment that I didn't even know existed. After my workout I headed right over to get a Chai. It was incredible. Perfectly spicy, creamy, and reminded me so much of Christmas that it brought tears to my eyes (okay maybe not). Then I noticed the price I would have to pay now that I had used my one and only free drink coupon, that actually did make me cry. I had to start making my own if I wanted to be able to buy groceries next month.

This was so much simpler to create than I ever would have imagined, not to mention quite a bit healthier than its coffee shop counterpart. If you are experiencing even the slightest cool down in weather and you know Fall is on its way, make this now. If you live in one of those magical places where winter never comes just turn up your AC and put on a sweatshirt, this chai is so worth it.

Recipe
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Boiling water
 2  chai spice black tea bags ( I like the Stash brand)
sweetener of your choice, to your liking
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

Microwave the almond milk for 1-2 minutes until hot

Pour into a big mug add the tea bags and fill the mug the rest of the way up with boiling water (you may not need extra liquid but my cup is huge and I like thinning the milk with a little water)

*Let the tea bags steep in the milk for 5 or so minutes if you prefer a lighter tea, I usually leave mine in the entire time because I enjoy a strong flavor*

Add as much sweetener as you'd like, if any. I usually use 2 packets of Splenda
Sprinkle the top with cinnamon 

1 serving
Per serving 40 calories



I was given the Versatile Blogger award from the super sweet Beth over at RUNNING around my Kitchen. The rules for this award are:
1. Thank and link to the person who honored you (Thanks Beth!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Link to 15 newly discovered (by you), fantastic bloggers

 I am choosing to share things I did this summer in 7 pictures.

This summer I...


Kicked an Anatomy and Physiology classes ass
(bonus points if you can tell me which bones these are)


Ate a ton of taffy and camped in Estes Park, CO



Went to the Renaissance Festival


 Climbed three 14,000+ foot peaks in two days



There are so many I would like to pass this award onto so if you would like to participate in this award please do, I would love to learn 7 things about everyone!


Related Posts with Thumbnails