Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cookbook & Black Bean Flour Review

Well, I only have two more weeks of college as an undergraduate. I couldn't be more ready to move out of this town and start anew in Tucson for my internship! In these past couple of weeks I have not had time to sleep, breathe, eat, or blog. Since my time has been so limited I have drawn on some new sources for quick and easy recipes. I wish I could list them all but I will start with one that arrived in my mail with perfect timing.


Miriam Barton's Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters is a great source for veggie recipes to satisfy even the carnivore in your life. I have been able to make 4-5 recipes from her book this month and have been more than happy with each of them. I was thankful to receive this just as my creative mojo was replaced by textbook diagrams. Thanks for the inspiration and great eats Miriam. I highly suggest giving this a try if you are looking for a new cookbook.


My second source of inspiration was this special bag of what else? Black bean flour! I won it in a giveaway from The Roasted Root (an awesome blog by the way) and have used it to make some very interesting flat breads and a perfectly smooth bean dip. I have truly enjoyed the ease with which I can make a protein and fiber packed dinner in a matter of minutes with this stuff. I don't think I have ever seen it in a grocery store around here, but if you happen to eye it, pick some up, you won't regret it. Black bean flour brownies are in my near future!

After my graduation Brad and I are heading out on quite the journey. More on that later though!

Related Posts with Thumbnails