Monday, October 25, 2010

Green Beans


Sick of plain green beans? Yeah, me too...
 I tried a few varieties of new flavors and found four that were just right. I opted for Mexican flare when I made them which lends itself to an especially pretty side dish. All of the seasoning options stray just far enough from the ordinary to bring new life to a worn-out standby.


2 6oz bags French green beans
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic

Mexican
1/2 tsp chili powder
juice from 1/2 lime

Italian
1 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp lemon juice

Indian
1/2 tsp curry powder

Asian
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp soy sauce

Cook green beans according to package directions (I steam mine in the microwave for 4-5 minutes)
Sauté garlic in olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until barely golden
Add beans to sauté pan and add the seasoning of your choice, gently stir until all green beans are evenly coated

Servings 2
Per serving 90 calories
Related Posts with Thumbnails