Thursday, October 28, 2010

Open-Face Mushroom Sandwiches


I found myself standing in front of the fridge staring at a few mushrooms, a handful of cheese, and an awkward amount of leftover marinara sauce. I was in the mood for something I could pick up with my hands and eat and I remembered I had leftover hamburger buns. Brad had a real hamburger for dinner (a rare treat for him due to my state of vegetarianism) and I had these wonderful open faced sandwiches.


6 white mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1 whole wheat hamburger bun 
1/2 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
8 leaves baby spinach

Preheat broiler on oven
Spray each half of bun or bread with a little olive oil and broil until golden brown
Sauté mushrooms with olive oil and garlic
Add Marinara and 1/4 cup cheese, stir until cheese has melted
Place 4 pieces spinach on each piece of toasted bun and top with mushroom mixture
Sprinkle with rest of cheese and broil until melted


Servings 1
Per serving 385 calories
Related Posts with Thumbnails