Saturday, June 2, 2012

Road Trip Day 11: Bonus Day in Portland


We had never planned on spending today in Portland but I am so glad we did. It was really nice to take care of some the errands we have needed to do on our journey like getting my oil changed at Oil Can Henry's and laundry.

This is one of my brother's rescue kitties, Lyric. He is the cuddliest most fascinating cat to be around. We hung out a lot while we were in Portland.

Our relaxing day started off with a breakfast at the always-delicious Einstein’s bagels and then some camera time for the boys at Pro Photo. I browsed through the camera bags while they talked about renting lenses. Lunch was at one of my brother’s favorite sushi joints San Sai; they always have great cuts of fish and cooked options for Brad and me.


Miso soup

Tempura veggies

Brad's teriyaki salmon

My brother's sushi and my avocado roll

My wonderful Asian salad with plenty of mandarin oranges, mixed greens, and sesame seeds

Later in the afternoon we visited Trader Joe’s (cookie butter was purchased!) and decided on some dinner items for tonight and watched Moon. Because our lunch was obviously huge we had a light Trader Joe's dinner.
Lentil soup and salad

Indian garbonzo bean fritter things, they were delicious 

After the movie and dinner we decided we needed something sweet and looked up a very popular crepe restaurant that happened to be near by; Le Happy. I had a lemon curd crepe and Brad had a chocolate brownie crepe with nutella. They were delicious but we all ate WAY too much.


Related Posts with Thumbnails