Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Asparagus Socca Pizza


Just this Saturday I walked across a stage with my hands on my B.S. in Dietetics. It has been a long...very long...four years but I know it was all very well worth it. I got to spend an incredible weekend with my two brothers, Brad, and my parents. The time we had together was, without a doubt, the highlight of my year.

This will probably be my last recipe for awhile because this Friday Brad and I will be leaving on a two and a half week road trip to the West Coast! My plan is to post about our journey for any interested followers and for my family so they can follow along with our eats, hotels, locations, and what I am sure will be aplenty: adventure.

Every second of pretty much everyday for the past 4 years has been planned out so I could use all of my hours wisely, never miss a deadline, and graduate on time. So, during our road trip I am going to make my Type A self take a backseat and just go with the flow. We have made minimal plans. We know where we are staying, a few of the main "attractions" we want to see along the way, and some restaurants that can't be missed. And that is all. I will not be planning much else. I do however, plan to consume copious amounts of fish/seafood so I apologize if that will bother any of my vegetarian/vegan readers, but when I am within a few hours of the coast I will responsibly indulge in one of my favorites foods (with the help of my Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch app).

I can't make any promises for the future of my blog but I do know I have enjoyed my time here. I hope to return to posting recipes but as of right now all I know is: I am going on this vacation and it is going to be magnificent!

I made this pizza awhile ago but have been busy with finals and graduation. It is absolutely delicious, easy to make, gluten-free and pretty inexpensive.


3/4 cup chickpea flour (Bob's Red Mill)
~1/4 cup water
generous pinches of garlic salt and italian seasoning

Combine these ingredients and set aside, the batter should be smooth and the consistency of thick pancake batter-you want it to pour easily but not so thin that it doesn't "hold it's shape" as you spread it

1 tsp olive oil
4 medium white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/4 cup pizza sauce 
1.2 oz shaved parmesan

Preheat oven to 375F with a tinfoil lined cookie sheet inside

Sautee the asparagus and mushrooms in olive oil until tender
Remove the hot cookie sheet from the oven, spray liberally with olive oil and pour chickpea flour batter onto pan, gently spread it with a spatula to your desired shape and thickness

Put the pizza crust back in the oven for 3-5 minutes until set
Remove and top with sauce, veggies, and parmesan

Broil for 3-5 minutes until the cheese melts

Servings 2
Per serving (1/2 pizza) 230 calories

The next time I post we will be on our way to San Francisco!!!












Related Posts with Thumbnails